Job Vacancy Advertisement (Economic Affairs & Development Assistance Section)
Job Vacancy Advertisement
The Embassy of Japan in Dili is looking for a national staff member at the Economic Affairs and Development Assistance Section:
- Monitors, reports on and provides analysis of major socio-economic developments in Timor-Leste, including the country’s aid policy, legislation and investment environment;
- Provides assistance in monitoring and implementing Japan’s economic cooperation projects and coordinating with other donors;
- Maintains close contacts with governments, public/private companies, civil society groups, international partners and other relevant stakeholders;
- Provides translation and interpretation assistance and supports event management tasks as needed;
- Manages and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence, including official letters, documents, faxes and e-mails;
- Provides, as tasked by the head of section, any other logistical or administrative support, including meeting arrangements;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- University degree in economics, law, development or other relevant majors in social sciences, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably within relevant governments, international organizations or non-governmental organizations;
- Good knowledge of the socio-economic situation in Timor-Leste and Japan’s aid policy; good knowledge of legal frameworks in Timor-Leste is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and effectively coordinate with colleagues and relevant stakeholders;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and reporting skills;
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written; Bahasa and Portuguese skills are desirable; knowledge of Japanese language is an advantage;
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint);
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (phone, fax, email, telephone, fax, e-mail, internet and its software).
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV (including a profile photo which is taken within past 6 month), and references, all written in English, to the Embassy of Japan in Timor-Leste, Avenida Portugal, Dili, Timor-Leste, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject ”Application for the Embassy of Japan”, by August 9th, 2017, at 5:00pm.
*All documents submitted to the Embassy will not be returned.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.