TEACHER TRAINING STUDENTS
- Applicants generally must have been born on or after April 2, 1983.
- Applicants must be graduates of universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at primary or secondary education institutions or teacher training schools (excluding universities) in their home countries for five years in total, as of April 1, 2018. In-service university faculty members are not eligible.
- The term is the period necessary to complete each university’s training course and should be between October 2018 (or the starting month of the study course) and March 2020. Extension of the term is not permitted.
Each applicant must submit the following documents to the Embassy of Japan in Dili by the specified date. These documents must be written in Japanese or English, otherwise and translations in either of these languages should be attached.
- Application Form (prescribed forms for 2018) [original 1, copy 1] *photo attached
- Placement Preference Application Forms (prescribed forms for 2018) [original 1] (can be submitted at the written exam)
- Certified grade transcript for each academic year from the last university attended (issued by that university) [original 1, copy 1]
- The diploma from the last university attended [original 1, copy 1] *Regarding the diploma, a photocopy thereof may be an acceptable substitute. However, this should be attested to by school authority concerned.
- Certificate of employment (issued by the present employer) [original 1, copy 1]
- Recommendation from the head of the department that the applicant belongs to (any form will be accepted) [original 1, copy 1]
- Certificate of Health (prescribed forms for 2018) [original 1, copy 1]
Application guideline and other necessary documents can be downloaded from the link below:
http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/jp/smap_stopj-applications.html or alternatively come and pick-up the documents at the Embassy of Japan in Dili. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Japanese Embassy at 3323-131 or email: email@example.com